Download and submit all items for the MSc Course PHCNP based program. All documents should be uploaded into your online application or submitted via email to grnursad@mcmaster or by mail.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (60 units taken at a university) with a minimum of the equivalent of a McMaster B+ average over the final 60 units from an undergraduate nursing program, or its equivalent. Applicants who are graduates of a baccalaureate nursing degree program for registered nurses and who have between 50 and 59 units of university study will be considered on a case-by-case basis. These 60 units will not include advanced credit for college courses.
- Submit one official transcript of academic work completed to date, sent directly from the issuing institution. Please include any additional course work. Please note that non-English transcripts must be translated and notarized.
- Submit two academic references (See Grad FAQ for details on academic versus clinical references. McMaster University uses the Electronic Referencing System. By entering the email address of your Academic referee through the online application, the system will automatically send an e-Reference request on your behalf. Please ensure you enter only your two academic references through the online application system.
- Two years of full time nursing practice within the past five years (3640 hours) is required to begin the program. If you are not yet at 3,640 hours at the application deadline, please reach out to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit two confidential clinical references, references should be someone who has known you in a professional context. Please download the guidelines here to send to your referee and have them submit this information directly to our office either via email (email@example.com), fax or mail. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure they have given these directions to the individual.
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae, please upload this document directly in the online application.
- Submit a Declaration of Employment. Please download the form here and upload directly in the online application.
- Submit personal essay responding to four questions outlined in the Supporting documents related to suitability for the PHCNP program. Please download the guidelines here and upload directly in the online application.
- Submit Health Professional Requirements. Please upload these documents directly in the online application. Evidence of health professional requirements include: copy of license/registration or renewal.
- Submit Verification of Employment Hours. Please download the form here. Please note: applicants are not allowed to submit this document - this document can be submitted on your behalf by HR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail.
If English is not your native language, an official copy of a TOEFL score, or other evidence of competency in English is needed. A minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 92 (580 on the paper-based TOEFL test or 237 on the computer-based TOEFL test) is required. IELTS minimum score 7.0.
To Apply to the MSc Course-Based Leading to the PHCNP on-line, select: Nursing-MSc/PHCNP (Course Scholarly Paper).
FACILITATED INDIGENOUS ADMISSIONS PROGRAM (FIAP): SELF-IDENTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
With an understanding that Indigenous learners can face specific barriers or challenges when pursuing higher education, schools and programs within McMaster’s Faculty of Health Sciences have facilitated admissions streams for applicants with Indigenous North American (First Nations, Inuit or Métis) ancestry. This process is intended to provide equitable access to Indigenous applicants and aligns with the intent of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada Calls to Action. Applicants wishing to apply through McMaster’s FIAP need to complete the supplementary self-identification application in addition to McMaster university and program specific application processes. All Indigenous applicants who meet the admission criteria will be considered within an Indigenous applicant cohort.
Full details are found on the Indigenous Students Health Sciences Website: https://ishs.mcmaster.ca/admissions/self-identification