Who can participate in this?
To be eligible to apply students must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled in the Basic stream or the Post-RPN stream
- Note - Accelerated stream students will only be considered if they have completed all Level 3 required courses and have had a delay in their expected graduation date)
- Be in Good academic standing (minimum cumulative GPA of 5.0 and not currently on program probation)
- Have all Level 3 required NURSING/HTHSCI courses completed by the end of the Winter term of Level 3
- Be able to complete their degree requirements by the end of the Fall term if accepted. This means in addition to having the mandatory Level 4 NURSING courses left to complete students must have either:
- HTHSCI 4NR3 + 0-3 units of electives left to complete
- 0-6 units of electives left to complete
There are a limited number of seats available in this option at each site. Students will be required to apply to participate.
Student Application Form - submitted by the student
Application Submission Instructions:
The process to submit your application items is different at each site. Review the instructions for your site below to ensure that you know how to submit your application.
Priority will be given to those students who have had a delay in their expected graduation date due to unforeseen circumstances or who have been accepted to participate in the global health placement* for NURSING 4J07 in the Spring/Summer term.
*Note: While these students will be guaranteed a seat in the Spring/Summer courses they still must submit their Student Application form by the deadline.
Students will be notified in late-March if their application to the Spring/Summer courses has been accepted. Enrollment instructions will be sent to students at this time.
NURSING 4J07 and NURSING 4P04
Enrollment in NURSING 4J07 and NURSING 4P04 will be restricted to only those students who have been accepted to the Spring/Summer offering.
Students who have been assigned a placement outside of the standard catchment area for their site will be granted priority access to enroll in online sections of NURSING 4P04. Once these students have had an opportunity to enroll, enrollment in any remaining seats in the online sections of NURSING 4P04 will be opened to all students who have been accepted to the Spring/Summer option.
Students who have been accepted to the Spring/Summer offering will be granted priority access to enroll in HTHSCI 4NR3. Once these students have had an opportunity to enroll, enrollment in any remaining seats in HTHSCI 4NR3 will be opened to BScN students who meet the prerequisites to take this course.
Professional practice placements for the Spring/Summer term
The nature of the NURSING 4J07 professional practice placements available to students during the Spring/Summer term are no different than those available during the Fall term.