Thank you for your interest in exploring opportunities for investment in Nursing at McMaster. For more than 70 years, the School of Nursing has been building a legacy of leading, engaging and inspiring, locally and across the globe. We invite you to become a partner in this legacy through a financial gift to the School. Every gift makes a difference. Together, we can strengthen the contribution of nursing to the improvement of health for all.
Opportunities for Investment
Endow and name a new Chair or Professorship in Nursing
Endowed Chairs and Professorships allow the Faculty of Health Sciences and the School of Nursing to recognize distinguished academic achievement and enhance education, research and service capacity in areas of importance to the School, Faculty and partners. The focus of an endowed Chair or Professorship represents a match between the donor’s interest(s) and the strengths and interests of the School of Nursing.
Areas of interest to the School for the development of a Chair or Professorship are:
- Endowed Professorship in Nursing Research — This Professorship would be held by the Vice-Dean, Nursing and the funds used to support the salaries of promising, novice-mid career researchers in the School for a period of up to 3 years to enable them to build a solid foundation for their research careers. This Professorship is aligned with the School’s plan to optimize research, scholarship and the utilization of knowledge in practice
Establish and name a scholarship or bursary
Invest in our undergraduate and/or graduate students through a scholarship or bursary and impact thousands of lives as those students make a difference in nursing and health throughout their careers. Scholarships aligned with the School’s areas of expertise would have the additional benefit of attracting quality graduate students to McMaster who share an interest in these areas and who could contribute meaningfully to the School’s priorities both as students and potentially as faculty upon graduation.
These areas include:
- Health of Populations — focus on women and children, socio-economically disadvantaged people and global perspectives
- Wellness and Healing Across the Lifespan — focus on mental health, gerontology, violence prevention, cardiovascular health and cancer
- Leadership, Practice and Policy — focus on leadership and management, Advanced Practice Nursing, knowledge exchange and policy
- Nursing Education -- focus on technology, interprofessional initiatives and evaluation
For donors interested in international health, a Student Travel Scholarship — International Clinical Learning may be a desirable option. This scholarship would reduce the financial barriers that prevent some students from pursuing the opportunity to complete a portion of their clinical learning in an international clinical environment. Such an experience transforms students; a travel scholarship would ensure that a student’s limited financial resources don’t put this opportunity out of reach.
To discuss these or other opportunities for investment in the School of Nursing, please contact Dr. Sandra Carroll, Vice-Dean and Executive Director of the School of Nursing, at 905.525.9140, ext. 22400, or by email (email@example.com ). We look forward to developing an exciting, mutually rewarding partnership with you! We also wish to thank those who have already invested in us for their support and generosity.
Donate to the School of Nursing